(Includes exercise to help you feel truly loved!)
St. Valentine’s Day is almost here…a day when many of us celebrate love. Many people around you are giving and receiving gifts, cards, loving words, kind actions, and more…all in the name of love.
But what if St. Valentine’s reminds you of the love you WISH you had and don’t?
Or maybe the love you once had and don’t anymore?
What if instead of love, you feel an empty feeling inside?
We’ve all felt like this at some point and maybe you are feeling like this now.
I remember many times when I didn’t feel loved:
- When I was married and my husband said or did something that hurt me
- When my then-husband put me down, criticized me, ignored me or was no longer affectionate with me
- When I was alone after my divorce
- And many more…
I still feel the pain in my heart when I think of how I felt during those times. Ouch! I heard a part of me saying, “I just want to feel loved!”
Often my Spiritual Support Team (angels, guides, and my own spirit) tell me that my negative emotions have a message from my spirit (a.k.a my soul).
So what is my spirit trying to tell me when I feel this empty feeling in my heart?
This is what my Spiritual Support Team said,
The reason you feel sad when you don’t feel loved is that you are looking for love in all the wrong places.
You are looking for love OUTSIDE of YOU. You are waiting for others to express their love to you, either through their words, actions, how they look at you or speak to you.
This is CONDITIONAL love. It’s love based on conditions…and conditions change. They are unreliable. This love will never satisfy you. You’ll always be disappointed in some way. You’ll be left feeling empty.
In a way others are giving you a gift when they don’t meet your expectations for love. Their GIFT is that you will eventually realize they are not your source of love.
The only SOURCE of true LOVE is WITHIN YOU! This love comes from your Source, from God within you, from your spirit.
The love from your Source is UNCONDITIONAL. It’s not based on any conditions. Your Source adores you no matter what! You can never be disconnected from this Love within you, but you can be completely unaware of it.
The only way you will experience true happiness is when you find the love within your heart. From this place of infinite, always available, pure and unconditional love, you can love yourself fully.
The key to feeling loved is to F.L.Y. (First. Love. Yourself.)
Choose to F.L.Y.
Allow yourself to F.L.Y. and you’ll experience true love and happiness.
F.L.Y. high and you’ll see the world from a higher perspective. You’ll see a beautiful and loving world. You will see the Truth.
The Truth that Who You Really Are is…Love.
And nothing and no one can take that away from you.
You ARE Love, so F.L.Y (First. Love. Yourself.) and then, the world will reflect this Truth back to you.”
Experience Connecting with the Source of Love Within You (Exercise)
- Bring your attention to your heart. You can place your hand over your heart to help you do this.
- Breathe into your heart and allow yourself to feel relaxed and safe.
- Turn your heart light on. Imagine you are turning on a light switch within your heart and sense your light shining brightly, illuminating your body and the room you are in.
- Appreciate yourself. Remind yourself you are OK just the way you are; that you are strong, brave, beautiful, wise, and loving.
- Connect to the energy of Divine Love within you. Imagine yourself embraced by the most accepting, welcoming, and loving energy…and becoming ONE with it. (Stay here for a moment while you tune-in to this feeling.)
- As you relax and breathe, you realize that this is your true essence, Who You Really Are. You no longer feel separate from this pure love. You no longer feel unloved.
- Notice your perception shifting. You are becoming the source of that which you were looking for. You see how magnificently beautiful and re-Source-ful (full of Source again) you really are! As the source of love, you become the giver of love, first to yourself and then, to others.
- Choose to BE Love in this moment.
- Experience yourself as…Love.
After hearing my Team’s message and going through this exercise, I heard myself say, “Now I get it! The REASON I FEEL so BAD and empty inside when I DON’T FEEL LOVED is because my spirit is telling me that in TRUTH…
- I AM totally loved
- I AM adored
- LOVE is WHO I AM
“And that the only way I’ll be able to EXPERIENCE this truth is by CONNECTING to the SOURCE of LOVE WITHIN ME and then, First. Love. Myself!”
If you would like my support in loving yourself more and creating a life of true happiness after your divorce, let’s chat!
Thank you for this beautiful and inspired gift…I was feeling dispair… you brought me into the light with your beautiful words.I am so grateful.and I am glad it is always there in the darkness for others to see .
Dear Carol, I am so glad you were guided to read this message. The truth is that you are so loved and supported…and your Spiritual Support Team wanted you to remember that…and feel it at your core.